While studying scientific concepts, Mallory's students program Bee-Bot to move stage by stage through the life cycle of a bird, lizard, or other creature.
|Using Bee-Bot to sequence Little Red Riding Hood|
Mallory's students use Bee-Bot to travel through stages of a story narrative in language arts.
Mallory finds using Bee-Bot to teach sequencing has many benefits:
- programming Bee-Bot helps understanding event sequence
- students discover new facts at each stop
- concepts of the order of things are strengthened
- students learn to follow directions
- sentence structure is reinforced
- memory is strengthened
Mallory observes that "sequencing exercises as well as learning about the order of things means students collaborate, estimate, and apply algorithms to successfully move Bee-Bot to the next stage of a lesson".