Terrapin Logo 5 Release Notes
SETBOUNDS does not throw on inputs that are too large, but limits them to max 1000.
Commands like SETXY now adjust for internal rounding errors when using SETSPEED other than 1.
SETSHAPE and DRAW did not reset the size of a widget if it was altered with the SIZE property. Updated the help to the latest version.
Each widget has a new property
WRAPMODE that, if not set to
DEFAULT, overrides the wrap mode
set at the Graphics window. This lets widgets use different wrap modes.
Updated the internal UI framework to the latest release; added the FREEZEPIC and UNFREEZEPIC commands.
All READxxx commands did not return an empty list or empty word on empty lines, but rather skipped them. This fix may break existing programs which, for example, rely on user input from the keyboard not being empty.
Widget movements have been updated to 30 frames per second, which makes movements much smoother.
We removed the ability to define a password for the login code log-in. People have confused the Logo password with their Magento password often enough, and it has created some support workload.
- SNAP, LOADPIC and SAVEPIC have a new MODE input that can select between background and drawing.
- Enhanced Load/Save/Print Graphics dialogs.
- PE did not erase properly.
- Added a Select Layout dialog.
- Added a button to the Help panel to display the current page in a separate browser tab.
- Created a custom version of a list box that displays properly on tables and phones.
- Fixed clipboard issues.
- Fixed a bug where repeated saves of the editor saved into the “Terrapin Logo” folder.
- iOS devices are prevented from playing sounds.
- Hit testing has been added.
Commands for Tuff-Bot have been added. These begin with TUFFBOT, and are very similar to Blue-Bot commands. Also, the free trial has been removed in favor of free 14-day login codes.
This desktop fix display a message box if the Logo executable is from 2019 or below - too much has changed internally to keep backwards compatibility with older desktop releases.
LOAD, LOADPIC, LOADSHAPE etc cannot load from disk anymore from within a Logo program. Use the new FILECHOOSER control instead, and use GPROP “chooser “FILE as input for these commands.
- Online help was switched to the new resources server.
- Controls did not display well on Chrome if the display was zoomed.
- KEY did not report shifted letters correctly.
The URLs in environment files were not compatible across browser and desktop versions of Logo.
Browser specific fixes:
- Edge did not honor the INDEX property of a LISTBOX.
- Safari and Firefox reported images sizes incorrectly sometimes.
- Better Bluetooth error messages for Opera and Edge.
- Firefox drew a border around STATICTEXT controls, and did not honor the BORDER property for GRID.
- Fixed a Safari bug where reloading the same image did not fire any events.
- Logo hung during startup if Firefox launched the window in private mode.
- Bluetooth and ProBot have been enabled for the trial version.
- Cut/copy/paste now use the high level browser events. The trial version lets you not use copy/paste to move source code between Logo and another app anymore.
- Minor bug fixes.
- The name of an image loaded with LOADSNAP contained the file extension (eg .PNG).
- Added TELL list contents to undo actions.
- Windows: UNC paths were converted to local paths when saving a file
- Desktop release: When saving a file failed, no error message was displayed.